Rates & Insurance
$150 for my Initial evaluation
$150 per 50-minute session thereafter
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Is Terry Rifkin, L.C.S.W. in or out-of-network for my insurance company?
- Do I have benefits for out-of-network if required?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What will my co-pay be per session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
As a courtesy, your insurance will be billed for you. All verification of insurance benefits and claim management must be fulfilled by you. Your co-payment will be accepted at the time of service.
Cash and personal checks are accepted for payment.
Since I hold an hour for you, 24 hours notice is required should you need to cancel. If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session. Your insurance company may not be billed for missed sessions.
Don’t be ashamed of your struggles. Many people experience feeling emotionally overwhelmed, lonely, worried, and stressed out.